AdGrad is a UT EID-authenticated, professional networking application for UT Austin Advertising alumni, students, faculty, staff, and friends of the department. AdGrad provides an electronic space where these users can:
- Network with current and former advertising students, faculty, and staff.
- Upload a resume
- Build a professional portfolio
The value of AdGrad relies upon high-quality, relevant contributions and interaction from alumni, students, faculty, and staff. In order to create a rich environment for everyone to share their views, the University of Texas at Austin developed the usage agreement below.
- This application (AdGrad) is provided by The University of Texas at Austin as a service to alumni, students, faculty, staff, and friends of the department of Advertising at the University of Texas at Austin. All use of the application must comply with Responsible Use Of Information Technology and Rights and Responsibilities. Several important principles provide the foundations for these policies, and apply particularly to AdGrad:
- Information technology is provided to support the essential mission of The University of Texas.
- Use of AdGrad is limited to Advertising alumni, students, faculty, staff, and departmental friends with UT EIDs. Unless specifically required under public information requests filed under the Texas Public Information Act, information disclosed in AdGrad is only available to other AdGrad users. In short, information in AdGrad is not actively shared with outside users, but it should not be considered confidential; if you do not want people to know something, do not post it to AdGrad.
- Your use of information technology is governed by University policies, UT System regulations, state law, and federal law. See Section VIII for more information.
- You are expected to use information technology with courtesy, respect, and integrity.
- The information technology infrastructure is provided for the entire campus. This infrastructure is finite and requires millions of dollars to maintain, and all users are expected to use it responsibly.
- Simply because an action is easy to do technically does not mean it is legal or even appropriate.
- All users of AdGrad agree to comply with these principles and those in the Responsible Use Policy.
- Contributions to AdGrad will show the UT EID of the author and cannot be anonymous. Contributions must also be civil, respectful and on topic. Postings that do not meet these criteria will be removed at the sole discretion of the AdGrad administration, without recourse. You cannot use AdGrad for commercial purposes.
- You cannot profit from the use of any University-provided computing resource or from any output produced using it.
- Per the information technology policies mentioned above, abuse of AdGrad will be referred to the Office of the Dean of Students or the Office of the Provost.
- All information posted to AdGrad, including personal information posted about coursework or jobs, is subject to the Texas Public Information Act. This means that, while the University does not actively share this information with others, the University can be compelled to release all AdGrad data under public information requests filed under the Texas Public Information Act.
- The ideas and views expressed in AdGrad are those of the authors and do not represent the views of the Department of Advertising, Information Technology Services, or The University of Texas at Austin.
- The University reserves the right to remove material from AdGrad that violates the Responsible Use policy, state, or federal law.
Direct questions about this application or this document to email@example.com.